You attend a lot of conventions. How do you determine which ones you attend and don't attend?
|Fandom Fest 2012 (Louisville, KY).|
1. How much immediate money can I make off book sales?
2. How many publishers I need to network with will be attending as well?
3. Is the convention covering my hotel and travel?
4. Will the convention get me into a new market of readers I haven't previously met?
5. How much will my incidentals, such as food and gas, cost for the trip?
These are off-set occasionally by the also important questions such as:
1. Will this con enable me to see old friends I haven't seen in far too long?
2. Am I willing to take a loss on this one to build good will with a new convention?
3. Have I hit this convenient con too often recently so that I'm "old hat" and need to take a year or two off to have fresh stuff to present?
4. Will Sylvester McCoy or Sophie Aldred be there? (No, seriously. Will they?)