Monday, October 1, 2012

The Writer Will Take Your Questions Now (#235) -- Ideal Writer's Retreat

What would be your ideal place for a writer's retreat?

I assume by the singular you mean a retreat for me alone (not with other writers, because that would be a far different setting).

Here it is, folks, the best place on earth!
For me, that ideal location would be my MeMe's house (MeMe is what my cousins and I called my grandmother). After she died, my mom and dad bought the house and we use it for our visits to South Georgia now.

It's in a town so small that it doesn't  even have it's own phonebook listing (it shares it with the next "large" town nearby. Still, it's where I grew up, the one place what was always home (and always will be) no matter where I have lived or will live.

One day, should my career take me to that fantastic place where I can write full time, I plan to use it for a month or two each year as a "writer's escape", or for periodic "writer weekends" to really hunker down and knock out a bunch of words over a short time.

In a perfect world, I'd be there now, writing.

Maybe when my wife retires.

No comments:

Post a Comment