Just in time for Devil’s Night (dystopian fiction sprung to life) here’s the final guest post on KINGDOM’s October blog tour. While the tour runs through November first, today is my final guest post, so I wanted to share some of the lessons I’ve learned, both through my own experience, and observing the actions of other authors. I’m not an authority on self-publishing/promoting—not by a long shot.
- Be Polite, or The World Doesn’t Stop Because You Published a Book.
- Be Prepare to Spend Some Money.
- Give Back to the Community.
- Hire a Professional Blog Tour Company.
- Don’t Waste Time and Money Chasing Traditional “Big” Media Coverage.
- Don’t Use Family and Overly Effusive Friends to Promote Your Work.
- Even if Your Book Doesn’t Suck, Someone Will Think it Does. And that’s a Good Thing!
- Acknowledge Those Who Contribute to Your Success.
Continue reading: http://seventhstarpress.blogspot.com/2012/11/kingdom-tour-anderson-odonnell-guest.html