Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Writer Will Take Your Questions Now (#259) -- The Writing Career

Do you see writing as a career?


Yes. I see writing as a career. However, it doesn't always agree with me on that point.

To be honest, as much as I'd love to see writing as a self-sustaining career, more often than not, it's a career interwoven with other jobs when the pickin' gets slim (particularly between royalty checks). The goal is to continue to build my network and make contacts so that I can attain that level of self-sustaining career that so many others have.

But I'm convinced that in the world of pulp and comics writing, that's becoming more the exception than the rule.

Is it my career? Heck yeah. Is it a bumpy career filled with terrifying moments? Sadly, equally so.

No comments:

Post a Comment