Monday, June 8, 2015

The Writer Will Take Your Questions Now #326 -- Challenge Accepted

Is there anything you find particularly 
challenging in your writing life?

Perhaps the better question would be if there's anything I don't find challenging in my writing life. Not kidding.

The easiest thing about my writing life is the writing itself. That part does the work all by itself most of the time.

The challenge comes in finding and making (the more common verb, sadly) time to write. The challenge comes in editing the work to make it match the word counts and themes requested by my publishers. The challenge comes in marketing the work via social media in a way that doesn't come off as me drinking my own Kool-Aid. The challenge comes in balancing a schedule that prevents me from over-promising and under-delivering. The challenge comes in... Well, you get the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment