NOMINATIONS FOR PULP FACTORY AWARDS NOW OPEN UNTIL 2/15; AWARDS TO BE GIVEN OUT AT WINDY CITY PULP & PAPER
Lombard, Illinois – January 25, 2016
Every year in April, fans gather at the Westin Hotel near Yorktown Mall to celebrate the best in classic and New Pulp literature. As part of those celebrations, nominations for the Pulp Factory Awards are open.
As new leadership drives the Pulp Factory Awards forward, the nomination process will be as follows:
1. Members of the Pulp Factory E-mail list have until Monday, February 15th to submit their initial nominations for the Pulp Factory Awards. Any book published in print in 2015 can be considered for nomination (Digital-only books are excluded) Reprints are not eligible for individual awards such as Best Short Story, but may be included in collections if those collections feature new stories published in 2015.
2. Nominations should be e-mailed directly to PulpAwards@gmail.com, with choices in the following categories:
- BEST PULP NOVEL
- BEST PULP COVER
- BEST PULP SHORT STORY
- BEST PULP INTERIOR ILLUSTRATIONS
- BEST PULP ANTHOLOGY.
3. The Best Pulp Anthology category covers any anthology or collection featuring a multiple stories by a single author (a collection) or stories by a variety of authors (a normal anthology). The book must have been printed in 2015 and must have contained at least one new story. In the case of a new story plus reprints, the book is eligible for Best Pulp Anthology but only the new story is eligible for the Best Pulp Short Story category
4. Fans are encouraged to submit multiple entries for each category by February 15th – although members are encouraged to discuss their choices on the Pulp Factory list, only those e-mailed directly to PulpAwards@gmail.com will be considered for the Award.
5. After February 15th, the committee will tally and craft a final ballot for voting (deadline to be schedule), and that ballot will be submitted for fans to vote electronically for the awards. Awards will be distributed during the Windy City Pulp and Paper Convention from April 22 – April 24th, 2016.
Questions and nominations should be directed to PulpAwards@gmail.com. This will insure a more prompt response than reaching out to individual committee members.