by L'atelier des écrivains (The Writers' Workshop, France)
- Lack of confidence and time hinders writers’ ability
- Writing books won’t make you rich
- Lots of people want to write a book but few actually get round to doing so
These were just a few of the findings from our recent survey into writers' ambitions, barriers and opportunities (if you contributed to the survey, thank you!)
Headline statistics include:
- Almost half (48%) of respondents wanted to write a book but haven’t yet got around to it, while 31% have started but not finished their book. Less than a fifth (19%) have actually started and completed their book.
- Over half (55%) of those people who hadn’t yet fulfilled their ambition to write a book had been dreaming of writing for “as long as I can remember”. With 66 per cent of these people being over the age of 35, this equates to a lot of years of wasted time.
Read the full article: https://www.latelierdesecrivains.com/blog/2018/8/6/writing-books-wont-make-you-rich-and-other-findings