Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Best Graphic Novels Ever #9 -- V for Vendetta


9. V for Vendetta
by Alan Moore and David Lloyd
Published by Vertigo Comics

Yes, it's yet another Alan Moore book on the list. And while I don't think of myself as a huge Alan Moore fan, I do seem to have several of his books on this group of "the best ever," don't I? Oh well. Talent will out itself, I suppose.

I have to come clean and admit that I liked the movie too. And not just because a bald Natalie Portman was way cuter than I expected. Nope. It was V.

Regardless, the book runs circles around the movie. Period.

Subversive, this is another of Alan's works that plays fast and loose with what it means to be a hero in a world gone mad. What does a hero do when injustice masquerades as justice and anarchy is the best rule to follow? 

2 comments:

  1. Is it sacrilege for me to say that while I enjoyed the book greatly, I like the movie better?

    ReplyDelete