Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Writer Will Take Your Questions Now (#226) -- New Characters vs. New Adventures

Do you prefer to write new adventures of existing characters,
or would you prefer to create new characters outright?

Yes. Next question.

Okay, I'll be serious. My preference changes depending on my writing mood. In some cases, such as with Armless O'Neil and Dominatrix and Rick Ruby, I'm really jazzed by a certain character, so I tend to enjoy it more at the time than others.

But, to be honest (if I have to be, that is), I really get a kick out of creating new characters. Sometimes even more so than actually writing them.

So, to make some cognitive sense in this answer, I guess I have to say I want both. I can always decide which is more fun and fulfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment