Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Writer Will Take Your Questions Now (#241) -- Scare Me

It's Halloween month, so what books and/or stories to you recommend 
to scare me and get me in the mood for being afraid or creeped out?

Oooh. There are so many good ones that I like to go back to from time to time. Let's see...

Cujo (Stephen King)
"N." (Stephen King)
Pet Semetary (Stephen King)
The Shining (Stephen King)
Zombiesque (various, featuring my own tale "Posthumous")
"The Empty House" (Algernon Blackwood)
"The Lottery" (Shirley Jackson)
The Haunting of Hill House (Shirley Jackson)
"Herbert West -- Reanimator" (H.P. Lovecraft)
"A Shadow Over Innsmouth" (H.P. Lovecraft)
I Am Legend (Richard Matheson)
Rosemary's Baby (Ira Levin)
The Amityville Horror (Jay Anson)
The Exorcist (William Peter Blatty)
The Turn of the Screw (Henry James)

No comments:

Post a Comment