Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Bad Girls, Good Guys, and Two-Fisted Action Blog Welcomes Tommy Hancock Onboard As a Regular Columnist

For Immediate Release

October 14, 2015

Bad Girls, Good Guys, and Two-Fisted Action Blog Welcomes Tommy Hancock Onboard As a Regular Columnist

Atlanta, Ga.—Anyone who has read almost any book in the new pulp movement should have more than just a passing knowledge of Tommy Hancock. In addition to being a writer and publisher, he was recently the pivotal point upon which one of the greatest collection of new pulp writers gathered to create an anthology to benefit him in his medical ills, scheduled for release in late 2015.

But now he’s back… along with all those ignited, controversial, and often just plain fun opinions that have made him so followed and popular with his fans.

That means his former blog, Ideas Like Bullets, now has a new home as a weekly column at the Bad Girls, Good Guys, and Two-Fisted Action Blog. Tommy’s columns will appear every Friday on the blog as a regular feature until either his fingers fall off from typing or the Martian tripods invade and take over.

“I can’t even come up with words to tell you how happy I am to have Tommy over at the blog,” says Sean Taylor, administrator and creator of the Bad Girls… blog. “Tommy’s not only a great friend and a supporter, but he’s also one of the guys who has helped build new pulp, helped it grow up and embrace the broader marketability of genre fiction. I can’t wait to see what he has to say.”

“It’s been an interesting few months health wise for me, which always leaves someone reflective. One thing I spent a lot of time doing, though, was keeping my mind focused on what would come next, which is something I do on a regular basis anyway. Pulp is a primary part of my life, my career as the full timed Editor in Chief at Pro Se Productions, but also just something that is very important to me. And I realized I had things to say, things that didn’t really fit on the Pro Se page, but also weren’t comments or such I wanted to make anywhere else, because most of my social media stuff is mostly hewed to Pro Se or my own writing promotion. So I considered going back into blogging, something I’d done intermittently before, but at least an arena where I could sort of take the hat off if I wanted and talk about whatever seemed to perk, pique, or peeve my interest. And although there will be times that it doesn’t seem to have much to do with writing it all, for me, everything ends up back at writing and Pulp, no matter how eclectic the path I take to get there is. And when the opportunity to become a part of the fantastic, over-the-top blog Sean is doing presented itself, I’d have had to be a dead John Doe in a dark back alley not to say yes.”

Bad Girls, Good Guys, and Two-Fisted Action is the official writing blog of Sean Taylor. But it's not just a place to promote his stuff. It's a resource of information about writing and creating genre fiction, literary prose, comic books, and just about anything else you can create with pens, pencils, paper, or word-processing software and a printer. On the site, you'll be able to find publishers calling for submissions, tutorials about the craft of writing and editing, interviews with other writers, links to helpful and fascinating articles about the art, craft and business of writing and publishing, etc. -- and of course, yes, you'll also be able to keep up with whatever Sean has his writerly little paws involved in too. To visit the blog, go to http://seanhtaylor.blogspot.com. For more information, email staylor104@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment