Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Writer Will Take Your Questions Now (#157) -- Villainpalooza

If you could write a miniseries about any comic book super villain from that perspective which one would you chose and why? (Thanks to Stephen Card for today's question.)

Excellent question. Everyone always asks about favorite heroes, but never which villains I'd love to write.

Doctor Doom would be near the top of my list. That's a given. He's not really a villain so much a a political authority, and that makes him terribly interesting to me as a writer.

Wonder Woman's nemesis, Circe, would be a lot of fun to write as well. She's got such a fascinating back story in the original mythology that I could play with. Plus, her hatred of men gives her a personality glitch that could make for some compelling stories given the proper setting.

Also, the Superboy clone, Match, would be fun, because in a lot of ways he's more "innocent" still than his "older brother" Bizarro.

I'd also love to do something with the Psycho Pirate. He's just nuts and has memories no one else in the universe should have. How much fun would that be to play with if he suddenly tried to make things "right" by any means necessary?

And last, I'd give my left arm to do a book highlighting the team of Poison Ivy and Solomon Grundy (born on a Monday). I think that would be a match made in heaven.

5 comments:

  1. "Only DOOM escapes the slight of a Jim Lee helmed reboot and redesign unscathed. ONLY DOOM!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Rhino from the 70's and 80's Spiderman.... I actually have a story in my head where he meets up with Juggernaut in a dive bar and over drinks they decide to go on a rip roaring drunken tear through NY.

    And I also have a cool story idea featuring all the pale villians from DC called CHALK WHITE (Solomon Grundy, Bizzaro, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree that of Poison Ivy and Solomon Grundy would be an amazing pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool idea, Tuck.

    And I'm glad you acknowledge my brilliance, Andi. *grins*

    ReplyDelete