Thursday, February 11, 2021

Meet Bill Craig

Tell us a bit about your latest work.

Well, I just sent my first horror novel off to the publisher and I will likely be setting several more stories in the Virginia Mountain town of Ravens Hollow. I am spinning Nick Storm into his own series from Caribe. The working title is Never Say Die.

What happened in your life that prompted you to become a writer?

I was in grade school and decided I could write as well or better than some of the authors I was reading.

What inspires you to write?

Needing escape from this crazy world.


What are the themes and subjects you tend to revisit in your work?

That one man can make a difference.

What would be your dream project?

Working on a project to add to a body of work by one of my writing mentors.

What writers have influenced your style and technique?

Robert Parker, Brett Halliday, Walter Gibson, Lester Dent, Jerry Ahern, Don Pendleton.

Where would you rank writing on the "Is it an art or it is a science continuum?" Why?

Frankly, it is both. Telling a story is and art, while actually writing it is a science.

What is the most difficult part of your artistic process?

Staying focused.

How do your writer friends help you become a better writer? Or do they not?

They give me other creative minds to bounce ideas off of.

What does literary success look like to you?

Having written a couple of books that became number one best sellers on amazon.

For more information, visit:  https://billcraig.webs.com/ or https://www.absolutelyamazingebooks.com/bookstorepages/billcraiggenre.html

No comments:

Post a Comment