Wednesday, February 13, 2013

[Link] Women in Horror: Crazy Chicks

by Selah Janel

To keep with the theme of the month, I’d like to take a look at some of the different types of female characters found in horror fiction and film. Now unlike many of the lists I’ve come across, I’m not focusing on who’s hot or scream queens or what have you…I want to take a look at the actual characters and what they contribute to the genre. It’s so easy to have ladies in dark fantasy and horror categorized (usually by who lives and who gets killed off), but I’m hoping to do things a little differently.

Today’s post is about all those female characters who, for some reason or another, aren’t quite all there. Whether something drives them to it or they’re like that to begin with doesn’t matter. Likewise, the type of crazy can differ (ie. is someone pushed into acting out or simply a conniving, deranged killer). Some of these I’m more familiar with than others, but I wanted a good, diverse list (plus, this definitely gives me some things to put on my list and expand my own horror knowledge). So here is the list of some of my favorites...

Continue reading: http://selahjanel.wordpress.com/2013/02/09/women-in-horror-crazy-chicks/

No comments:

Post a Comment