Saturday, January 28, 2017
WHEN LEGENDS MEET: PULP OBSCURA TEAM UP!
Stories for WHEN LEGENDS MEET must involve a team up between characters that will be listed below. The team up must consist of only two characters from the list. The team up must also coincide as best as possible with the character’s established continuity, including what stories are available to the author from the character’s original run as well as new material created by Pro Se Productions. It can be assumed that these characters live in a shared universe and actions affect all involved. Continuity editing will be closely watched and considered in the submissions process.
Characters available for this collection include-
DIAMONDSTONE THE MAGICIAN
THE MAN IN PURPLE
THE GREEN GHOST
JIM ANTHONY, SUPER-DETECTIVE
THUNDER JIM WADE
MAJOR LACY AND AMUSEMENT, INC.
Stories for WHEN LEGENDS MEET: PULP OBSCURA TEAM UP must be 10,000 words in length. A proposal of 100-500 words must be submitted to email@example.com. Authors not previously published by Pro Se Productions must submit a writing sample of at least two pages with their proposals. Authors whose proposals are accepted must submit the first four pages of their accepted stories as quickly as possible for review by Pro Se staff. Final deadline for completed stories is 90 days following acceptance of proposals.
WHEN LEGENDS MEET: PULP OBSCURA TEAM UP is a part of the Pro Se Anthology Project, THE PRO SE OPEN, and is scheduled to be published in the 2016-2018 calendar years, depending on submissions and other factors.
HOW YOU CAN SUBMIT TO A PRO SE OPEN PROJECT IS AS FOLLOWS-
1. An upcoming Collection or Imprint with openings is listed in the Pro Se Open.
2. Submissions are accepted following a 2-3 paragraph proposal for the story and at least a two page writing sample if you are a new writer submitting to Pro Se, unless the specific call states otherwise.
3. Submissions will be reviewed and those writers whose proposals are accepted will be given a deadline to complete the story, this deadline being typically 60-90 days.
4. Submissions to the book will be closed when all open slots in the listed work are filled.
5. Editors assigned to these projects will follow up, monitor, and make sure work is being done. Steps will be taken to move the anthology along as planned if work is not being done in a timely manner.
The Pro Se Open will be updated periodically as to adding new collections and removing ones that have been filled. Some of the collections have story bibles to go with them and are listed so. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request bibles when appropriate.