Thursday, October 7, 2021

Mocha Memoirs Press Focus #5: Crymsyn Hart

This month I'm following up the previous series (eSpec Books) with a new one -- this time the amazing writers of Mocha Memoirs Press. Meet Crymsyn Hart!

Tell us a bit about your latest work: 

My latest work is called Forest of Bones -- Kaya is the only one of her kind: a hybrid vampire and magician. A demon from days past is trying to free its banished brethren from the dark realms by an ancient sun god. Kaya is the key to freeing them.

Valik, her vampire protector, must help her contain the demon. Stavros, the mortal king, will kill any vampire he comes across because they caused the death of his wife and son. Begrudgingly, he takes Kaya as his fiancé. To stop a war, Stavros must join forces with the very thing he hates and keep the demon at bay.

Old ghosts are stirred up. Magic is growing wild. Mysteries from ages past resurface revealing more questions about Kaya’s heritage and how she’s entwined with the demon. Can she reconcile the past?

Or will the demon claim everything she holds dear, including her soul?

What happened in your life that prompted you to become a writer?

Nothing happened in my life to prompt me to become a writer. I’ve always wanted to be a writer. My grandmother read to me as a child and I grew up loving books. As I got older, my imagination grew and I knew I wanted to be able to create my own stories.

What inspires you to write?

The inspiration from my writing comes from dreams, movies, other books, the world around me, my experiences as a psychic. I have to write to keep myself sane.

What are the themes and subjects you tend to revisit in your work?

Many of the characters I write about go through some sort of dramatic change in their lives -- normally revolving around death. I enjoy writing about vampires and grim reaper characters. After over a hundred books, the grim reapers show up in over half of them.

What would be your dream project?

My dream project would be... well I don’t know really because most everything I find interesting for a storyline I write. I guess the dream would be to have more time to do everything I want to get out of my head so my muses will leave me alone.

What writers have influenced your style and technique? Writers that have influenced me are:

Anne Rice, Karen E. Taylor, Nancy Kilpatrick, Nancy Collins, Poppy Z. Brite, Jean Auel, and so many more I can’t think of all of them over the years. 

If you have any former project to do over to make it better, which one would it be, and what would you do?

If I had a former project to do over again, it would be my Soul Reaper Series. It was the first big series I wrote over ten years ago. From it came my one character that crosses genres and universes, Azrael the Angel of Death, because why not ---death is everywhere. I would go in and make the writing tighter. The plot would be better than what it is and I’d fix a few scenes that are overly explicit, but I still love the series. 

Where would you rank writing on the "Is it an art or it is a science continuum?" Why?

I would have to weigh in on writing is an art. Sure you get books that have a “formula” to them that can be scientific, but in my opinion, you need the artistic spark in order to write a good book. You need something to give life to the book besides an outline telling you where to put things as in a formula. If you don’t have characters that work well together or an intriguing storyline, you can outline or have a great formula, but a boring story.

What is the most difficult part of your artistic process?

The most difficult part of my artistic process can be when I have an idea and everything in me says to write, but I have no motivation to write something. However, that normally breaks after a couple of days. It’s not the same for me as writer’s block because when I am blocked I have no ideas. Plotting is easy and building the story and characters flows good too.

How do your writer friends help you become a better writer? Or do they not?

My writer friends are always helping me grow as a writer. They call me out on any bullshit, point out where my writing is lacking, and what my weak points are. They are also great to bounce ideas off of when needed and as friends lending an ear when needed.

What does literary success look like to you?

Literary success would look like for me is knowing that people enjoy my books. Having the knowledge people are reading and getting lost in a world I created and the pages would be wonderful.

Any other upcoming projects you would like to plug? 

I don’t have anything immediately coming up, but I am currently working on a tie-in to Forest of Bones, tentatively titled The Name Thief, but I think that will change in the future. 

For more information, visit:

Website http://crymsynhart.com

Twitter: @Crymsynhart

Facebook https://facebook.com/crymsynhart

Amazon http://amazon.com/Crymsyn-Hart/e/B002BMJ1Z0

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/crymsynhart

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/crymsyn_hart/

Bookbub:https://www.bookbub.com/authors/crymsyn-hart

1 comment:

  1. I want to thanks to admin for writing this article for us.. you can also explore my blog on power bi course

    ReplyDelete