Friday, August 31, 2012

A Gift from the Muse

The gracious Calliope, the muse 
of knuckle-busting pulp heroes.
Just wanted to mention that inspiration can hit in the weirdest ways. Like today, for instance.

While discussing the confusion between the movies Mulholland Falls and Mulholland Drive, I made a joke about creating a new pulp character named Mulholland Rhodes (the former prize fighter and now brass-knuckled avenger of those the big city would abuse and discard), just to confuse the issue even further.

I know it started as a joke, but now I'm thinking that when I clear my next six or seven deadlines off my plate, I may actually write the debut tale of Mulholland Rhodes.

I guess I really am a glutton for punishment. Either that or I don't want to abuse the gifts from the muse when she deigns to give them.

No comments:

Post a Comment