Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Writer Will Take Your Questions Now (#267) -- Hey, Sean, what comics are you currently reading?

I get this question a lot, and let's be honest, managing a fine comic book establishment like Galactic Quest certainly helps me stay on top of the books coming out.

And because more people, when they ask, really mean "What Marvel books do you currently read?", I'll start with those.

Hawkeye, Cap Marvel, Scarlet Spider and Gambit are my fave Marvel books at the moment. I think I'm gonna really dig FF, though several folks at the store don't like it so far based on Allred's art. I actually liked Fantastic Four, Thor: God of Thunder (though I hated the regular Fabio-romance novel cover), and Indestructible Hulk too. I'm warming up to Bendis' All-New X-Men too, but not completely sold on it yet. Same goes for Uncanny Avengers and X-Men Legacy (though I love, love, love the idea behind it). Another Marvel book I'm really digging so far is Wolverine Max and the new Deadpool. And based on what I read in Amazing SM #698, I'll probably be checking out Superior Spider-Man as well. I'm definitely the guy who doesn't care for status quo, as you can see. I like the change-ups to rattle the old characters and ideas around.

On the DC front, my current faves are Sword of Sorcery (I do so love me some Amethyst), Phantom Lady & Doll Man, the National Comic one-shots (Looker, Rose & Thorn, and Madame X all rocked), Green Lantern New Guardians, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corp, Red Lanterns, Demon Knights, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Aquaman, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Justice League Dark, I Vampire, Talon, Phantom Stranger, He-Man, the Before Watchmen books (particularly Moloch, Silk Spectre, and Night Owl) and the new Batman Joker crossover.

Indies would be Victories, Clone, Comeback, Punk Rock Jesus, Black Kiss, Billy the Kid's Old Timey Oddities and the Orm of Loch Ness, Damsels, Revival, The Creep, Saucer Country, Hoax Hunters, Fairests, Fables, Kiss, Lot 13, Ghost, Masks, Prophecy, X-O Manowar, Shadowman, Archer & Armstrong, Harbinger, Saga, Mind the Gap, Epic Kill, Ghostbusters (of course), It Girl and the Atomics, Steed and Mrs. Peel, and Rachel Rising.

No comments:

Post a Comment