Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Best Graphic Novels Ever #22 -- The Infinity Gauntlet

22. The Infinity Gauntlet
by Jim Starlin, George Perez and Ron Lim
Published by Marvel Comics

I'm going to be honest. I only read The Infinity Gauntlet this year. But to be fair, I've always been more a DC reader than a Marvel reader. Still, when people keep telling me that Infinity Gauntlet is the Crisis on Infinite Earths (in terms of scope, not plot) of the Marvel universe, I really should have listened a lot earlier.

Because I waited so long, I really did miss out on on a fairly epic book for a pretty long time.

This one is cosmic drama at its best as Thanos (ol' wrinkled jaw himself) seeks to extinguish all life in the universe -- just to have a good first date with Death. This is the kind of story you can only tell in comics, and it really pays off in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment