Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Writer Will Take Your Questions Now (#5) -- Work Routine

Describe your typical work routine. -- ComicsCareer.com
 
Typical? What’s that mean?

Actually, this pic pretty much sums it up.


Heh.

I usually write at Starbucks. That’s why I can simulate the “office” experience and stop every now and then to talk to the folks at the counter. I've tried writing at home, but there are just too many distractions unless I'm writing late into the night. Maybe it's my ADD and the voices in my head that compel me to check out what new movies have been added to Netflix.Or, maybe it's the "Dad, what do you think about this?" or my wife's thinly veiled threats of what might happen if I don't stop long enough to help her fold the laundry or set the table for dinner. (And yes, "thinly" was used sarcastically, for those of you who don't pick up on this kind of thing naturally.)

For editing though, I have to lock myself at my kitchen table and turn off everything in the house that makes noise except ambient music really low. Then I just work until I hear my kids’ buses drive by the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment