Saturday, January 7, 2012

[Link] Beauology 101: Are You Man Or Woman Enough To Write Comics?

by Beau Smith

On a daily basis I’m engaged in some form of communication with everyone that’s a part of the business, creation, and selling of comic books. It’s been that way for over 25 years. For a while now, and even more so in the last year, there’ve been complaints and uproar about why there aren’t more women writing and creating comic books. The subject seems to be a high horse that everyone wants to ride. Not me.

Please don’t misunderstand me. I’m not saying that I want women banished from the creation of comic books. That would be wrong. I want LOTS of women to create and write comics, but only if they’re good writers.

To continue reading: http://westfieldcomics.com/blog/interviews-and-columns/beauology-101-are-you-man-or-woman-enough-to-write-comics/

No comments:

Post a Comment