Friday, March 16, 2012

Keeping It Real ... (i.e., The Fantasy-Crushing Reality of a Spouse's POV)


I got this the other day in an message from a friend I went to high school with, and being a vain and egotistical writer type who craves attention, of course it made my day.

"Hey! While at school today, I saw this guy wearing a Green Lantern shirt. He began to talk about comic books. I mentioned your name to this guy and he was shocked that I knew you. The guy said, "Sean Taylor, well he is somewhat of a demi-god." You have fans everywhere man! Keep up the good work!"

Hercules and Prometheus, or as I like to think of it now, me
and the massive undertaking of writing that makes fans
say exaggerated comments to give me a big head.

So I immediately told my wife, who casually rolled her eyes and told me she's surprised I'd have anyone say that about me. And it was time to help with the dishes anyway.

Thanks, Lisa Taylor, for helping me to (i.e., giving my no option but to) keep it all in perspective. I love you. (But when you have your back turned for a few seconds, I will be  "demi-god" again, even if for fleeting moments.)

4 comments:

  1. You'll always be a diva-g... oh, wait. That said demi-god.

    Never mind. :)

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always be the Aeolus to my Hercules, buddy. I've got your back, you know, as best as I can as I walk in front and try to steal the spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if he meant something along the lines of detained mental patient? But Lisa always was the smart one in that relationship! Keep up the good work, Lisa! And Sean, you are excellent, but you have a ways to go for that whole "demi-god" thing. Let's work on mere mortal status for now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Todd. Glad to know you've got my back.

    ReplyDelete