Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Writer Will Take Your Questions Now (#98) -- Favorite Pulp Hero

Who is your favorite classic pulp hero?

Okay. This is when the old school pulpsters probably stop reading anything I write, but in the interested of full disclosure, I actually didn't meet my favorite pulp hero in the pages of a book or magazine. I met him in the audio world of old radio shows.

That hero?

The Shadow.

You know, he who knows what evil lurks within the hearts of men. The vigilante who laughs and clouds men's minds. That guy. 

Only after the radio shows did I even begin to look for his prose adventures.

Addendum: My second favorite I never thought of as a pulp hero until recently. I just considered him a sci-fi character. Regardless, I do enjoy some John Carter of Mars, and I'm really looking forward to the new movie.

2 comments: