Monday, March 19, 2012

Murder on Her Mind -- The World of Krystal Rollins

I first met Krystal Rollins at a former job. I knew her for several weeks before I learned she was a fellow writer. She's one of the few fellow writers I got to know as a person first, and friend, rather than as a writer first, then friend. And that makes her special.

Tell us a bit about your latest work.

My latest work involves a going back in time farther than I have ever been. Murder on Paper works with characters that sees the same owner of a tobacco plantation being removed from his empire but only one person keeps a journal of the events. The plantation gets handed down for generations including the journal kept in a box of family papers until a young woman about to wed finds something old and exposes family secrets.

What are the themes and subjects you tend to revisit in your work?

My theme to each book has the word "murder" in it.

What would be your dream project?

My dream project is to be a ghost writer for someone.

What inspires you to write?

Its not what inspires me to write its who inspires me to write: Great family and friends all the time asking me what the new project is. Also meeting new people who also write and meeting Sean Taylor has been a big inspiration for me.

Where would you rank writing on the "Is it an art or it is a science continuum?" Why?

Writing is an art. Its a plain piece of paper and as it forms, only you know where it is going. Then the final masterpiece is off to display where others can take interest and look at it from a different angle and finally figure out where it came from: a plain piece of paper and internal thoughts.

Any other upcoming projects you would like to plug? 

Murder in the Mayhem Mansion is a project that I had so much fun writing. Its one project that I laughed at the end.

To pick up Krystal's work, visit Amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?_encoding=UTF8&search-alias=books&field-author=Krystal%20Rollins

1 comment:

  1. You're sweet to say I'm an inspiration, Krystal. You're persistence inspires me too. And thanks for taking time to do the interview. You rock, dear.

    ReplyDelete