Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Writer Will Take Your Questions Now (#126) -- Bad Reviews

How do you react to a bad review of one of your books?

Bad reviews may sting, sure, but I have to remind myself that it's just one person's opinion. The key thing is not to put too much stock in them. I'd rather have my readers enjoy the book than the reviewers. It's when my regular readers come up and tell me they didn't care for a story or comic I did that I really start to listen and see what I can learn from their "review."

Here's a fun blog post that addresses this subject and offers some excellent advice, such as "pick a really popular Author on Amazon and go read their bad reviews." Or this helpful bit that is all so true: "You need a tough skin, but at the end of the day it is worth it."

No comments:

Post a Comment